How Can Window Treatments Keep You Warm this Winter?
Winter has set in here in Saskatchewan; if you haven't already, it's time to get your home ready to battle the cold. You've probably cleaned up your yard, inspected your roof and ceiling and turned off the water outside, but what about your windows? Are they ready to take on the never-ending wind and frigid cold? Now you might be wondering, how can window treatments keep you warm this winter? The experts at The Blinds Collective Design Studio are here to tell you! We've made a list of the best window treatments to keep your house warm, even when the temperature drops to -40. If you're considering new window treatments for your Saskatchewan home this winter, these window coverings will help improve the energy efficiency of your home and keep you warm! Keep reading to learn more!
The Best Window Treatments to Keep You Warm in Saskatchewan
Choosing new window coverings can be stressful. You want the right style, look and colour. But did you know window treatments can be energy efficient? The right window treatments can be a great way to not only add an air of luxury to any room but also help keep you warmer in the winter and lower your heating bill! Just because we're focusing on keeping you warm right now doesn't mean that these window coverings won't be helpful in other seasons. They don't just keep the cold air out; they can also help you cool in the scorching Saskatchewan summers. Below we have listed the best window treatments to winterize your home.
- Solar Shades: Solar Shades can help stabilize the temperature in your during summer by blocking harmful UV rays. But solar shades can also help keep the heat in! Solar shades have a "reflective side" that helps keep your house cooler in the summer by reflecting heat from the sun, but they can be installed so that the reflective side faces in and keeps heat from the furnace from escaping! Solar shades are a great addition to any room and help keep you warm during those cold winter days.
- Roller Shades: Roller shades are very similar to solar shades as they have one reflective side, and the other is designed to absorb heat. While roller shades are not quite as good at keeping out the cold as solar shades are, they still have their benefits. 10-25% of the heat in your home is lost through the windows; keeping them covered with roller shades will help keep the heat in and lower your heating bill! Roller shades can also be paired with curtains or drapes to add an extra layer of protection from the cold.
- Roman Shades: If you're looking for window treatments that offer excellent insulation and aesthetic appeal, roman shades are for you! Roman Shades are made from thick materials, and the edges are sealed to help block out cold air. Roman shades are one of the best window treatments to keep heat in because they don't have slats. For extra protection in the winter, roman shades can be paired with draperies to help you maintain the temperature in your home.
- Drapes and Curtains: Drapes and curtains can help add extra insulation to existing window treatments like shades or blinds. High-quality curtains and drapes can help control the temperature inside your home and prevent heat loss during the cold Saskatchewan winters. They can help reduce heat loss by as much as 40%! One of the best things about curtains and drapes, aside from improving energy efficiency, is that they come in a wide variety of fabrics and colours to match your decor perfectly. Not only will curtains and drapes help keep you warm, but they'll also add flair to any room you have them installed in!
- Cellular Shades: Cellular shades are one of the best insulating window coverings available. Cellular shades, also known as honeycomb shades, use honeycomb-shaped pockets to keep warm air inside and give your windows an excellent layer of insulation. Cellular shades can increase the R-value of your windows to as much as 7! Most windows in your home have an R-value of 3.5, which is considered poor insulation. Cellular shades help to increase R-value, lower your heating bill and provide better insulation to keep you warm in the winter!
The Blinds Collective Design Studio Can Help You Stay Warm This Winter
Insulating your windows is the best way to keep yourself warm and cozy this winter. The Blinds Collective Design Studio is here to help! Our custom window treatments are the ideal way to keep the cold out during the brutal Saskatchewan winters. Whether you're looking for roman shades, roller shades, cellular shades, solar shades or curtains and drapes, we have it all. Led by an interior designer, we can help you get the perfect look for your home while keeping you warm! So what are you waiting for? Contact us today!